Ah! The Subase Library - a true favorite with all vistors/patrons at SUBASE. It has many resources available for the sailor and their family members including over 2700 educational and entertainment DVDs.
The library is reknowned for its wide assortment of programs for all ages. To include the Book Club, Discussion groups, Camps, Summer Reading, United through Reading etc. It also has a great conference area next door, which it routinely booked by FRG's, and used to house most library programs & events.
In addition to library functions the facility is the primary source for information on MWR and the surrounding areas. This includes dicounted tickets to such as Regal Cinemas, Six Flags and further away Disney. Stop by, ask the question! the very knowledgeable staff will get you the answer.
Other amenities include
- Discounted tickets
- Local area attraction information (Groton and Beyond)
- Access to over 19,000 books, featuring Naval history and leadership materials
- Navy reading list
- New York Times best sellers, award winners, and many other popular authors, titles, and series.
- Large young adult selection
- Graphic novel section, including Manga and anime
- Over 400 audio books for adults, young adults and children (playaways and cds)
- Education resources featuring study guides for CLEP, SAT, ACT, GMAT, GRE, ASVAB, officer candidates tests and much more
- Children’s library with books, toys, and 2 computers with literary games
- Subscribes to 38 periodicals and 3 newspapers
- Equipped with computers that have access to the internet, printer, and scanner
- Copy and fax machines available
- Library receives new books, e-books, DVDs, and video games each month
- E-readers pre-loaded with e-books
- Interlibrary loan – if we do not own it, we will get it – approximately 1 ½ weeks to delivery
- FREE Wifi
- Xbox, Xbox One, PS3, and PS4 video games
- I-Pad and laptops for in library use
- TV with Xbox and PS3 consoles and DVD player