Mid-Atlantic Fleet & Family Readiness COVID-19 Program Updates
With the current spread of COVID-19, the priorities for Mid-Atlantic Fleet & Family Readiness Programs are to protect personnel and support the mission. We are developing this web page to provide the most current information for MWR, CYP, Housing, FFSC and Galley closures, cancellations and adjusted services.
SUBASE New London - COVID-19 Update
- For up-to-date news regarding Navy Region Mid-Atlantic, please visit https://www.cnic.navy.mil/om/covid-19-updates.html.
- For up-to-date news on SUBASE New London, please visit https://www.facebook.com/NavalSubmarineBaseNewLondon/.
- Galley Hours are Monday through Friday 6 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. for breakfast, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for lunch, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. for dinner. Weekend hours are 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for brunch and 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. for dinner.
- Cross Hall Gallery is providing takeout options during lunch service only.
- Full service options are still available during breakfast, lunch and dinner service.
Fleet & Family Services (FFSC)
- All group programs, individual appointments, client computer availability and new parent support home visits are cancelled until further notice.
- FAP and FAP VA services, SAPR services, SAIL services, Navy Gold Star Services and Deployment and Ombudsman support are still available.
- TAP classes are available via JKO only.
- Pre-Separation Counseling is available by phone or through the Sailor's Command Career Conselor.
- Transition support is available by phone only.
- Some lifeskills education, including stress management is available by phone.
- EFMP support is available by phone.
- Some new parent support services are available by phone.
- Appointments with urgent need or crisis will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Crisis Response appointments and walk-ins are available.
Child & Youth Programs
- Child Development Center is supporting mission essential child care only.
- All CDC outreach events are cancelled until further notice.
- All Youth Sports, Youth/Teen programs, field trips away from Navy Childcare facilities cancelled.
Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR) - updated 2/19/2021
- Fast Attack Food Truck Monday - Friday 1000-1400 & 1600-1900. Delivery begins at 10 a.m. Pickup and Delivery anywhere on base. For delivery call 860-694-2218
- Library is closed; we can still fill your reading needs! Check out our online catalog at https://navylibrarysubasenewlondon.org, and then send us your preferred reading list to Library.NSBNL.firstname.lastname@example.org. We will check out your books, bag them and place them in the Library lobby for your pickup. Call 860-694-3723
- SUBASE Pool is OPEN reservation only for commands
- BodyWorks Fitness Center in Building 83 has reopened for ACTIVE DUTY ONLY.Hours of operation 0530-1800 Monday -Friday. Cloth facial covering shall be worn at ALL times. Occupancy limited to 40 patrons, first come first served. Please limit your workout to 45 minutes to ensure we can maximize community access. CAC required for entry. Patrons will be required to obtain an FOB (keytag) upon arrival to facilitate contact tracing. If possible, plan your visit around the slower times 0830-1300. Bring your own towel and water bottle, showers and towel service are not available. For more information please contact Bodyworks Fitness Center at (860) 694-4784
- Reunions Deli - BLDG: 485 - Coffee - Breakfast Sandwiches – Salads – Pizza - Sandwiches & More! Open to all base patrons - Monday-Friday 0600-1600. Breakfast all day! Lunch Specials Available!
- Liberty Center open to SUBSCOL students only.
- Reunions Pub, Bellissimos, The Fouled Anchor Lounge, The Dive, are CLOSED until further notice.
- Youth Center, Auto Skills Shop, Tickets and Travel, Equipment Rental, Marina, Dealey Center Theater, Morton Hall Gym and Racquetball Center are CLOSED until futher notice.
- All NEX food service is takeout only.
- Main NEX Store is OPEN regular hours: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Lower Base Mini Mart and Autoport Mini Mart are OPEN.
- The Barber Shop is OPEN for active duty only. An appointment is required for service. Call 1-860-446-5793/5783 to schedule.
- Green Beans Coffee is CLOSED until further notice.
- Wayback Burgers is CLOSED until further notice.
- Gas Station will remain OPEN for Credit Card purchase at pump only.
- The Dealey Center Plaza Subway is OPEN, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.